Kilroos (Rise of the Guardians)

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kilroos (Rise of the Guardians)

Post by Boomerang on 9/30/2015, 8:04 pm

Nobody else had really uttered a word any longer, for Sirius had silenced the majority of them. The mentors and part of the wielders decided to stay silent and await for him to pass. However, Julius and Lynn both still had reasons to run their mouths. His smirk derived from Satan himself grew exponentially, the darkness beginning to flicker around the lantern that was still lighting up the pitch black world. 

"Lynn Cernos," He said seductively, moving closer to the woman in the shield after Valkyrie spoke, "Aren't you just a pretty little thing?" 

"Even with your...good looks, and lovely arm, I wouldn't be speaking so out of term," The psychopath cooed, "You see, all of you are pawns in my game. You just do not know it yet."

Sirius grew closer to Lynn until he was right in front of the shield. His grin was much more visible to her, his perfect white fangs bared, "My, my," He said, "I'll have a whole lot of fun with you."

Without warning, his head darted to stare into the eyes of the young king. His pitch, demonic black hues met with Julius'. He said nothing for a moment, and then, just like that, he was gone within the darkness. The others looked to each other with concerned glances as the lanterns burned brightly. The man was gone, so why was it still dark?

Julius froze in place as a cold, bony hand met his shoulder. There was an uncanny whisper in his ear, although the others could hear it as well, "I think I've found my candidate, the man who will help me kill Zenith..."

Julius turned on his heels suddenly to look into the deadly eyes of the madman, who's expression glimmered with glee, "I know your type, dear Julius. You don't think you're strong enough, do you?"

"You think that you can't get the job done, that you're going to rot away by yourself in some self-made hell," Sirius continued, "You don't think you can protect your mentor...Your precious Lynn Cernos. Is that right?"

He took a moment to allow Julius to think of an answer to it, however he wouldn't let the king speak as Sirius leaned in closer to him, 

"With me, wielder," Sirius said, "We can destroy Zenith without the other wielders getting in the way...And...I can make sure those dastardly champions that continue to harass you--Disappear. I will give you the strength that you've always desired, the confidence."

His body tensed up as he felt the shadows grow closer to his proximity. The hand on Julius tensed up, squeezing harder, chuckling slightly, "I mean, after all--It is your decision. However..."

He leaned in close, whispering once more, his unusually cold breath in his ear, "You could make me very happy....Or very mad. The choice is yours."

In an instant, Sirius was in front of the group again. He looked over to his lover, who simply desired to leave. He turned on his heels, climbing unto her as she galloped around the corner. As she did so, amongst the falling buildings that would be taken care of by the princess, the darkness disappeared all at once, blinding the group with sudden light from the sun and the bustling city. They all staggered, looking at the ground as their heads throbbed. Julius felt a cold sensation on his shoulder and near his face, something he couldn't quite shake off even with the sudden heat that returned to them. 

Mahlo looked up slowly, unsure of what to think. As he looked forward, he realized that the lantern was still there, on the ground, with the flame raging steadily. He drew in a gulp of fresh air and stared at the other wielders. Some had bruises, others were rather bruised and battered. "So...What the fuck just happened?"

Last edited by Boomerang on 9/30/2015, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archanine on 9/30/2015, 8:32 pm

That dude was a total cock. Zayne gave him two middle fingers for the price of one as Val rode off with him. He was experiencing mixed emotions, but was mainly optimistic to seeing his sister again and coming through on his word to part the knots in her mind. It would take a lot of willpower to get himself to where he needed to be in order to do such a thing, but Zayne was the type of person to do anything for his family.

Zayne returned to Cassie and Esti with a grief expression on his face. "I'm sure I can help her, but it will take time. I'll never let anything like that happen to either of you, I swear it." He gave his beautiful guardian a kiss on the cheek before picking his little sister up and holding her tightly in his arms.

"Miss Gemini, I'm sorry about all of the damages to your city. Please don't hold it against us or my sister."

Archanine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 9/30/2015, 8:33 pm

Julius gasped for air and collapsed onto his knees. The man's presence was immense even though he moved so silently. He had moved almost instantaneously and was gone just as fast even though Julius felt like he listened to him talk forever. Sirius was a lot stronger than the boy had naively believed, he was thrown off by the man's meek appearance and pallor, and now he sat there, almost in stupor by what the man said to him. Weak? Did he really seem weak in the man's eyes? If they had fought, then Julius would've been destroyed, consumed by his own self confidence that he would win. I'm fighting to protect Xerxes and Lynn... but would I? Or would I simply be baggage? The man knew a lot however, how did he know that the young king was being targeted by Skye and the Man in the Shadows?

He closed his eyes to try to organize his thoughts, and quickly snapped them open, horrified. Sirius' eyes reflected back at him when he closed his eyes, still staring at him with that dead but piercing gaze. He shook his head, the man was just trying to psyche him out, he was just trying to make him doubt himself and his teammates. The boy placed his hand on the ground to hoist himself up and as he pushed, he stumbled to the side and hit the ground again. The young king looked at his hands, I'm shaking... I can't do this, I can't do this... He had to get stronger, he needed to find that teacher Sophia talked about. The young king clenched his hands and tried to hoist himself up again. Julius got up shakily but he felt a small victory as his legs straightened. He may not be strong enough now, but he will, and then make Sirius and the Champions eat their words.

He breathed in deeply, "We wasted enough time, we should hurry to our destination."
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsar Bomba on 9/30/2015, 9:02 pm

Edon felt no sympathy as Valkyrie told her tale; feeling bad for strangers was a quality the old man did not possess, no matter how tragic their lives may be. However, Zayne’s futile attempts to reason with his apparent sister caused Edon to produce a heavy sigh. It didn’t take ingenuity to recognize that the woman had been lost to her new master. And like most things... once they’ve been lost, they’re irretrievable. Disregarding the puppet, Edon looked to the puppeteer. He kept his eyes on the shadow-spewing figure who stood in their path. The expression upon the man’s facing remaining stoic as viciously-composed words slithered from Sirius’ tongue, directed at the old man. “Hearing a story doesn’t make it true,” Edon responded, though it went unacknowledged.

Jeez, does this guy ever shut up? After stringing together another series of darkly melodic phrases, Sirius mounted Valkyrie and rode out of sight. However, the scarred man had not disappeared entirely, his voice lingered like the shadows he manipulated. Edon listened and stared as Julius was tormented by the voices. The boy was brought to his knees as the dark presence finally departed from the group, though Sirius’ influence would remain for quite some time. The young king stood and Edon approached him, “Hey, kid, you alright?” The old man knew that the wielder was not infact “alright”, though it was Edon’s only way of trying to comfort him.

He then heard Zayne’s exchange with his loved ones. The wielder had vowed to ensure Cassie and Estrella's safety, which seemed to rub Edon the wrong way. “Don’t make promises you can’t keep, boy,” Edon growled bitterly before turning his attention back to Julius.

Last edited by Tsar Bomba on 9/30/2015, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://littlepinekone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 9/30/2015, 9:13 pm

Sasha was still feeling dizzy, she looked over to Julius and Edon's attempt to comfort. She frowned once again "So... I try to talk to him 3 times but I get no response... I get thrown to the ground and a terrible heachache, followed by everyone wanting to brake my shields. And yet he didn't. Say. A. Word... guess I just don't like him at all..." she looked at the ground "And the score is.. Normal-looking-kids 1, Sasha 0" she said to herself smiling faintly. After that she simply stood there, with a pinkish aura around her... again... but on her head this time to make the pain go away as soon as possible.
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 9/30/2015, 9:19 pm

The boy looked at the drunkard, and opened his mouth to answer before closing it when he heard what the man said to Zayne. He gulped, "I... yes... I'm alright, just slightly shaken." He looked over to Sasha, "I think she needs your help more than I do." He waited for Edon to walk away from him before he whispered frantically to himself, covering his face with his hands. "I can keep my promise, I will keep my promise... I can keep my promise, I will keep my promise. I need to get stronger." He rubbed the back of his neck and breathed in through his nose and out through his mouth heavily. The young king wanted to close his eyes but he could only blink quickly, as closing them for any period of time would result in seeing Sirius staring back at him, judging him for what he feared he truly was, just a weak little boy playing grownup.
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 10/1/2015, 6:36 am

Staring at those gold orbs in the horses skull made Lynn step back a moment before hearing her name ring through her ears. Turning to face Sirius again she narrowed her eyes. "What." He then called her pretty. "Tch" She tried to look away from him, but he seemed to keep speaking, saying she had a lovely arm. Placing her human arm on her metal one she scowled. Finally seeing him with his teeth in tow Lynn's scowl lifted as she backed up. Fun? No. There will be no fun. What did he really mean? Oh hell no. Turning she heard Sirius speak to Julius. His shadows... She seemed to stare without trying to show fear, but it was clear, she was paralyzed. The moment he left Lynn gripped her metal arm so much tighter before hearing Edon speak to her king. Slowly she made her way over to him. Her usual dark blue eyes were now an icey white paired with her now ghostly skin color. "Sir. Can I make a... silly request?" She looked up at Xerxes from time to time that was still focusing on something else, channeling his fury into his fists. "Can I stay in your room?"

Gannon came up behind the girl placing his hand on her forehead. "You can't strain yourself so much young one. I am sure the others didn't mean to strain you anymore than you have." Gannon's healing instantly cured the girl of her headache after a few moments. "We need you in your tippy toppiest of shapes." Roy rubbed down Sasha's shoulders to at least calm her down. "I will need you with me in the library. We have some things to look over before we ever return home." Q stood next to Mahlo as she ran her hand along his back with an emotionless expression. "It was a distraction more or less." Cassie and Esti hugged Zayne back, Cassie harder than his sister. "We'll try to get to her Zayne. Like she said, we'll see her again. Just have to keep trying." Esti was crying silently. "My arms are stuck on your clothes." Cassie blinked before looking down at Esti unable to free herself from her brother and Cassie, keeping them in the group hug. Eventually Esti got her arms undone and she climbed onto Cassie's back, making Cassie's once smiling face turn into a deep drown. "My lord girl, can you walk by yourself for once?" Esti reached her arm around and booped Cassie's nose. "Nope."

The princess watched Edon. "Right." She then saw the lantern was still sitting on the ground. "I am not going near that thing. Let's go around." The princess seemed to turn again and walk down a different path. "Plus there was vomit everywhere. I am not walking over that." The group was finally moving again. The hosues became more and more sparse as the trees became more prominent. "It's so open out here." She smiled. Lynn walked the closest to Xerxes now a bit uneasy. Holding her pole arm she kept it horizontal. A more relaxed position, but takes up a lot of space. Cassie seemed to sway in her walk as she looked up at Edon smiling. "Well, if you're gonna be with us you're gonna have to tell us something about you. Can't go really travelling with someone I've just met." Cassie's sarcasm was on point as she looked over the ENTIRE GROUP OF STRANGERS. "I hope before we go to sleep that everyone can at least talk to each other and not just those they already came with. Q snorted as Cassie frowned again fixing Esti on her back. The princess walked in front as her eyes had an intimidating ambition to them. Cassie looked back at Edon. "You're the newest. You go first."

PARTY NOW LEAVING JYCER CITY TO SKYLINE: http://sta.sh/026ksz1uepym
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 10/1/2015, 9:52 am

"hmph.. they better..." she replied to Gannon as she folded her arms tying to seem angry. Then Roy came in amd rubed her shoulders, she couldn't help it but smile and lie her back against his chest. She looked up to him and heard what he said. She was about to whine about going to the library....  until she heard the second part of his sentence. "Going back where? to... high clouds?.I mean, eventually...". Her  eyes widened and quickly turned to face Roy, "I don't wanna go back to high clouds...", her breathing speeded up and terror could be seen in her eyes. "Nonononononono, no, nope , nu-uh." She looked at him as she slowly steped a bit farther, "I am NOT comming back. I'm NOT!" she said to him actually in a loud tone as she huged her own arms looking at him.
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 10/1/2015, 8:13 pm

Julius didn't want to sound too desperate as he jumped at the request. "Yes of course you can." He paused and blushed, suddenly rubbing his shoulder in pain. The numbing sensation seemed to have gone away to be replaced by stinging pain, and he touched the bruise gingerly. He looked away and coughed before repeating his answer. "I mean if you want to... you can..." He then looked at Lynn and was alarmed by how pale she was. "Lynn, are you okay?" He approached her and as he did, he watched as Gannon healed her, putting color back in her cheeks and into her eyes. The young king bowed to Gannon, "Thank you Gannon."

He looked over to Xerxes as they began walking and could see the man was still annoyed. "Xerxes please calm down, we'll get our chance."
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 10/2/2015, 12:21 pm

Mahlo was still shocked about what had happened. Not only did they have to deal with the champions, but now there was this Sirius Nightshade guy...he began to wonder just how screwed they really were. With no idea where they were going or what they were doing it for (other than to come to the aid of some person that brought them all together for this unknown mission), things were becoming quite daunting for the wielders.

Mahlo shrugged. That was just how he liked it. But Sirius...he sent a chill down the man's spine. There was nothing in his mind but pure, unfiltered evil, something he had never seen before. It was clear that Valkyrie was once pure, but now she was simply too far gone. A fruitless endeavor for Zayne to even make an attempt at helping her now, and yet even still he continued on. In a way, his stubborness was a gracious change of pace from the people who tend to just give up.

Sasha was more angered than upset, however Julius was a trainwreck of emotions and sorrow, the same could be said for Lynn. The team was rather broken apart in a time where they most needed to be united.

Quinn's hand rubbing up and down his back brought the Dark Swamps wielder back into reality. He turned to her with a faint smile on his features and began to walk with the others. As Cassie began to ask of Edon's story, it suddenly occurred to Mahlo that he knew nothing of anybody's stories save for Quinn and his own.

"I think Cassie's right," Mahlo said suddenly, in shock that he had agreed to anything someone else said, "if we want to be united at all, which we need to be for the coming threats, we have to know more about one another."

Mahlo then fell back, clasping Quinn's hand and turning to her. There was a slight tinge of worry in his eye as he began to wonder: What would he do if Quinn was lost to this unknown war of immense power?
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsar Bomba on 10/3/2015, 12:11 am

The drunkard wandered away from the young king after being swiftly dismissed. Following Julius’ observation, Edon took notice of Sasha’s condition. His unwavering frown deepened and he began to approach the young wielder, though he halted as Gannon placed a hand on the girl’s forehead. The man seemed to have everything under control. One of Edon’s many traits was being able to distinguish between when he was and when he wasn’t needed. And at the moment, he was not needed.

The old bastard then exchanged glances with the princess, who had been watching him. “...What?” Edon asked with an elevated eyebrow. The princess didn’t acknowledge his inquisition, for her focus had shifted to the lantern that had been left on the ground. She suggested the group go around and they did so. Edon walked beside her as she mentioned the exceptionally gruesome task of walking over vomit. The snobbish aura radiating off of all these social superiors was giving Edon a throbbing headache. However, he was thankful that they were in motion once more instead of arguing with a crazy shadow-manipulator with a god complex. It was quite apparent to Edon that the scarred-faced man would return to harass them further, especially Julius, but for now the elderly man could simply walk.

The group walked and walked until the buildings eventually diminished into an open field littered with trees. It was a refreshing transition. The princess then felt the need to point out that it was “so open out here”. Edon replied with a huff, “Yeah. I didn’t notice until you said anything.”

The man then recognized that the Clear Seas mentor was looking to him with a stupid smile stretched across her equally stupid-looking face. Edon tried to ignore her, but then she started saying stupid things. He listened, but didn’t acknowledge them. Not until she suggested that he share his story. The old bastard stared at her for a moment, then reached in his pocket. “Hey, look, I found your nose,” He lifted the hand from his pants, pretending to hold Cassie’s nose, “It was in my business.” Edon tossed the imaginary nose aside and kept walking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 10/3/2015, 7:24 am

Roy smiled as the group began walking. "Hm, Well wasn't our plan to help Q? Weren't we going to try and stop the king?" Gannon raised an eyebrow at the girl freaking out. Roy placed one arm across her shoulder. "Like it or not my dear, but you are the wielder of the city. You have to represent it. You can't just leave." He sighed. "I know this adventure is fun. How about..." Roy smiled and shook her playfully. "We go on an adventure every other week. Does that sound fun? We could even see the other continent! Not much is said about them." Gannon scoffed. "Hooligans, all of them." Roy looked at the old man puzzled.

Q walked with the group looking ahead and around at the beautifully colored hillsides. A smile came across her face. She liked this place much more than the swamps, but would gladly return with Mahlo. The young elf looked at Zayne a moment with apodyopsis. Her eyes glared down and then to Mahlo with a smile this time. Instead of holding his hand she wrapped her arm around his waist and held up a small bag of berries. "Want some?" Her crystal like eyes looked into his beautiful green eyes. Quinn had a feeling of basorexia towards Mahlo, but now wasn't a time or place.

Lynn smiled at Julius and how fast he was to respond to her. "Thank you! I'm actually excited to read all about this place. Hearing stories and reading some cold hard facts will be exhilarating! Looking at him with a bright smile she glanced at Xerxes that seemed to be walking, much quieter and with a burned frown in his face. Julius then asked her if she was okay. "In all honesty sir, no. That man back there scared me. It's really easy to get scared, but it's hard to break a mountain dog's spirit." Referring herself as a mountain dog would be calling herself a warrior of the mist, so on so forth. She hated her home city, and would rather side with the mountains. "The first step is admitting you're scared, right Xerxes! You're never scared!" Xerxes held his axe with an intense anger that even Julius hadn't seen before.

Cassie blinked a few times to Edon as he made fun of her trying to dig up some information about him. Blushing a dark red she looked forwards and then smiled. Lynn snorted from Edon's comment as Cassie's smile vanished glaring at the bum speaking with venom. "You know what?" Cassie scowled now at the man. "I hope that one day, you choke on all the shit you talk." Esti gasped. "D'as not nice Cassie!" Cassandra looked at Estrella and then smiled wryly. "I don't care." Cassie then clapped her hands together and pointed to the princess. "Fine, your majesty, What's your past like? Royalty must be something fun to talk about!"

Gemini sighed hearing Cassie berate Edon and turned facing her. "Please don't fight you two." Clearing her throat she thought to herself a moment. "My life is solivagant. My parents taught me so many things. I love them so very much, but once they told me that the city was pulled by strings. The royal family controls so many things, but the people don't know. about 85% of the people are tradesmen. Coming in and out with produce. That kind of stuff. The entire city is in a sort of... stabilized magic dome. We keep the buildings on the ground the year the gravity starts to give way. We repair practically everything. Our population has grown tenfold and we're expanding more than anything. My childhood was fine. Nice even. Occasional fights with my parents but it's a given. We have phenomenal powers, but mother said only use them when it matters. My life was extremely boring. Dull. Get up, do the same thing, everyday. Hearing the library exploded and even got to see a passive hermit with a blind wyvern in one day! It was incredible. But that same day, my father committed apparent suicide." Gem looked down. "I blamed the hermit, but she was probably gone by the time someone found him. He... he died in the dark. Some kind of black fog was coming out of his mouth. I can't unsee his face, the sillage in the air...of his blood."
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 10/3/2015, 9:59 am

Sasha looked at Roy with a sad expression on her face. She was walking behind everyone else of course as Roy talked to her about adventures and stuff... "I don't want to go back to that hell!. Go out once a week?, just for a few hours?, that's a horrible idea. First because I'm probably not even gonna be allowed to go out. Secondly that's 1day out of 7 what about the rest of the week!... I thought-...".

Sasha stopped talking as she heard the princess talking about her life. But something did call her attention, "Black... fog?..." A quick flashback came to her mind, remembering their first night where they were attacked by the champions. She remembers someone mentioning a guy who was apparently made out of a black mist of some sort. She thought to herself.for a few seconds and looked up at her. "Princess... I-, I don't think your father commited suicide..." she didn't explain further waiting to see if the rest of the wielders could assume what she was thinking.
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archanine on 10/3/2015, 12:10 pm

Zayne kept walking sheepishly with the group on their way to Skyline. He gave Q a comforting smile when she gazed upon him, but it was short lived as she soon turned away. A frown replaced his smile as his thoughts returned to a more serious state. His mind was too cloudy to pay attention to Gemini or Sasha, so he wouldn't be providing any input on the subject.

Archanine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 10/3/2015, 3:08 pm

Julius couldn't help but smile when she smiled. Lynn was a very beautiful girl, a very strong one as well. He was glad she next to him. The young king listened and nodded, "It'll be okay, we'll work together. Dogs hunt in packs you know. However we can't always be scared, the second step is to confront your fears and not back off." He wanted to turn to talk to Xerxes, but the aura of the man stopped him.

Julius felt a chill run down his spine. He was scared of Xerxes, maybe even more than he was of Sirius Nightshade. The boy was too scared to even attempt to talk to Xerxes, terrified of what his mentor would do in response. The man could cleave boulders with his axe on a good day, when he was angry like this, Julius wondered if Xerxes would be able to topple a building, and he wouldn't be surprised if the captain could. The boy just kept walking, hoping Xerxes would calm down and soon, and without destroying the world in the process.

Julius listened to Sasha and he combed through his memories. "I know of a Champion, or an associate of them, who can meld into shadows... but to turn into black fog I never heard or seen of."

Last edited by Aquil@ on 10/3/2015, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 10/3/2015, 3:11 pm

Witnessing Quinn's smile cross her features caused his smile to grow. His face flushed mildly as she wrapped an arm firmly around his waist, the most touch she had given him since the shower. He drew closer to her, resting his head gently against her forearm, looking at the beautiful hillsides. It was an odd feeling to him, being so close to his mentor after so much unexpressed feelings for so much time. It felt...good. He looked up at her with his sea green hues, grasping the bag of berries and taking out a handful. He brought it to his mouth, chewing slowly. "Not bad," He said after swallowing, "Best berries I've had since we left."

He looked over to the princess and Cassandra, watching the Clear Seas mentor fight with Edon was something that caused him to chuckle inwardly. Edon's joke was pretty damn funny, quite honestly. As the princess told her story, there was suddenly a silence around the environment as she spoke of the black fog. He remembered something involving a champion and black mist, although he couldn't be too sure as to which one it was.

"I think Sasha is right, Princess Gemini," Mahlo continued, taking his head off of Quinns' arm and glancing to her, "I remember hearing of a champion that had those same tendencies with the black fog. It was no suicide, just a carefully timed homicide"
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsar Bomba on 10/3/2015, 7:13 pm

After mocking Cassie, Edon’s mood had boosted a bit. However, the supportive snort that came for Lynn was not the source of his minor attitude improvement. It was the Clear Seas mentor’s reaction that was so unexpected... and also amusing. With her remark, she managed to earn the tiniest sliver of respect from the old man, which was more than any of the others had attained. "Hey, I don't mean to sound bitter, cruel, or cold," Edon retorted, "But I am... so that's how it comes out." His attention went to Gemini as she addressed them. Edon listened attentively as the princess provided a much more particularized reflection of her father’s passing. The story was a tragic one, but a multitude of tragic things happened every moment. This was Kilroos.

The drunkard’s eyelids drew closer together as the apple-girl suggested that the king didn’t take his own life. His pupils casually shifted between the wielder and the princess during the tense silence. Sasha and the other wielders had proposed that the king had been assassinated by a champion, which was an important thing to voice, but damn, wasn’t it rude to? If the king was infact murdered, then the situation would grow more complex. Priorities would quickly be reorganized and new information would have to be obtained. It would no longer be a simple excursion to the floating city of Skyline, something which was already a painful thing for Edon to achieve. Not physically, no, he didn’t mind walking. He needed the exercise. But the ex-mentor was unsure if he was prepared to return to the place responsible for his broken heart.

Edon let a sigh escape his lips. Thinking was too hurtful right now, so instead he chose to listen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 10/3/2015, 8:54 pm

Roy was flustered from Sasha’s response. “No, no! Every other week! We’d be out for a week at a time! Not just a day! Roy sighed and ran his hand through his golden hair. “Miss, you have to understand that is your home. I will get the papers to make everything better for you. Just think… Petra might watch closely to you once we get this done. We can even visit her in the forest if you want! Even the paralyzed spirit!” Roy tried to smile to make her feel much better about herself. The princess then spoke about the black fog and the darkness. “This Ren fellow seems to be active in the worst of ways. I have yet to see the other one.” Xerxes spoke up short and blunt. “Skye.” Roy blinked looking at the rather heat radiating man. “Y-yes, him.”

Lynn smiled back at Julius. “Well yeah!” Lynn refrained from touching the king as she stretched her arms in the air. Her left shoulder making a clinking sound as she let out a sigh. Xerxes kept his face looking forward until a moment of silence. He spoke softly, but his voice boomed through the two kids ears. “Promise me something Lynn. I want a true promise.” Lynn jumped to the sound of her name and held up her polearm to try and defend herself before listening to him. “U-uh yes sir!” Xerxes glanced down at her. “A dog will always protect their alpha’s neck. Even if it means with our own throat.” Lynn saluted him and smiled. “Yes Captain!” She was giddy now. She loved being an official guard and got to be the one to protect the king with the Captain! Xerxes gripped his axe to a point to where every single knuckle cracked simultaneously. “Good.”

Lynn laughed nervously as she turned to the princess. “I know of Skye, but not this Ren man you guys are talking of.” Quinn’s smile was wiped hearing the names over and over. “Ren was the one in my mind at the sands. He was a terrifying creature. Came to me in the dark. Took over my body and disabled me for screaming for help. I couldn’t speak.” She blinked looking at Sasha. “She saved me.” Gemini looked at Quinn then to Sasha. “Well no one knew of my father but my mother. She’s… no longer speaking…” The princess shuttered. “Something is wrong. Two shadow men have been in my city. It’s like someone let them into the city. As if our magic wasn’t working.” The princess shook her head. “We’ll come to a conclusion soon. Anyways. Who is next?” She turned and looked at Edon and then to Gannon. “Old men have quite the stories to tell. What about you? W…” She blinked. “Is the sand wielder not here.” Gannon froze a moment before silent tears fell down his face.

Cassie looked at Edon as she now had a well uninterested look to her face, but her wry smile was still scribbled across her face. “Why yes, of course you are, good sir.” Her dark green eyes looked up at him while Gannon was playing around with the dirt by his feet rolling the pebbles around. Gannon began to walk again as some of the group members were turned to look at him. “My life is long, yes. I have had many mishaps. Some tragic, some heartbreaking.” Gannon’s voice faltered. “A few years ago. About forty. I was a young man, just like some of you here. I was on my quest to become a wiseman. My first stop was at Oridune. The city of peace run by its sister city Quirela. I wanted to get the farthest away from home I possibly could. I ran through some… problems, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t fix, but then I ran into a… large problem. One that has been hurting me as long as I possibly could.” Gannon frowned and ran his arm up and down his opposing arm. “I found a wild unicorn.” Gannon mumbled slightly. The princess turned walking backwards. “A unicorn! Wow! This was on your way to Oridune?” Gannon nodded. “This unicorn was not white, nor black. It had the blackest of eyes, and the color of ash coat and hair. It looked like fog. So that’s what I named it. It took me several months of studying this creature for me to even get near it. Once I did. I was the happiest person in the world. It meant everything to me. Something so beautiful and rare, and I touched it.” Gannon sighed. “One evening I saw it laying down out in a field, and I made a fire by it. It had been laying there for a while just breathing really hard.”

Gannon fiddled his fingers together. “The unicorn gave birth to a colt. A black one. Darker than the void. Eyes whiter than the snow. It looked right at me as Fog drew in her last breath. Just like that. She was gone. The black colt unable to live without its mother. It just stared. Right at me, like I was supposed to help it. What was I supposed to do?” Gannon smiled. “Then I saw something on his back. Wings. It was a hybrid. A unicorn and a Pegasus in one body. The ultimate creature. I named him Void. The young colt came with me to Oridune. That peaceful city had the new queen of Quirela in the city. A young baby… The dragon princess. The princess took a liking to my colt, and I was forced to leave him with her. I’m not sure it’s even alive to this day.” The old man looked at the ground as he continued to speak. “And about my Wielder. I let him die, right in front of me. By Zenith. I couldn’t do anything to stop him. One swipe, and he was gone. They found the new wielder, and took the hammer and the newborn away. I feel like I can’t keep anything with me. I’m always alone.”
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 10/3/2015, 9:28 pm

Sasha heard Roy's words but didn't look back at him, still looking somewhere else she replied "I said I'm not going back...". After that the girl simply listened to her companions' stories, she smiled at Q when she mentioned what she did back when that mysterious guy attacked them. Then her focus changed to Gannon, she was surprised and a bit jaleous as he told how he was able to visit so many places.

Tho when she mentioned his wielder, Sasha remembered how horrible of a death he suffered. She saw his sad expression and couldn't help it but give him a hug, trying to strech her arms to embrace him as good as she could she also said "Is not your fault... plus... you're not alone now right?, we'll be with you for quite a while". The small girl smiled to him.
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 10/3/2015, 9:30 pm

The name of the man who was targeting Julius made the small boy subconsciously rub the ring that hung off his necklace. He was relieved that Xerxes was talking again but he wished it was about something happier rather than telling Lynn that she must sacrifice herself for him if a situation arises for such an action. The fact Lynn was refraining from making contact with him made him feel even more apart from her. He wanted to tell his mentor not to be so depressing but the man had a point, and saying that no one will die would be too optimistic. Julius gripped the hilt of his sword, he was the alpha for a reason. Though protecting him is their job, protecting them is his. Getting stronger was a necessity.

The two can evade magic? Julius listened interested to how Ren and the shadow man were able to infiltrate the land without triggering any detection magic. I'm glad my spear isn't magic, but my armor is... I wonder what the mentors Sophia told me to meet will teach me. He looked down the path, wondering how much further until they got to Skyline.
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 10/3/2015, 9:45 pm

Mahlo watched the smile fade from Quinn's features at the mention of those champions, and it caused him to let out a heavy exhale into the air. He remembered that night...the thing that remained potent in his memory was how she simply laid on the ground, unable to breath, slowly dying and he wasn't able to help her. His anger had gotten the best of him when he pushed Sasha into that wall, threatened her with her life. 

He rubbed his hand up and down his opposite arm, looking to the ground. That was one of the worst moments of his life, but it was also to catalyst to his feelings that came about for Quinn, his beautiful mentor. Reminiscing such a terrible moment was enough to wipe the happiness from his expression. 

Mahlo heard Gannon tell his story to the group, and at first he wondered if Gannon was just making it up. However, he could hear the raw emotion in his voice, the way his voice cracked at the mention of these precious creatures. For a moment, Mahlo felt bad for the wise bastard. Then, his mind fell right back to Ren. The shadow man who seemed to deflect any sort of magic and more than likely had his sights set on Mahlo and Quinn. He shook the terrible thoughts away, glancing forward again. 

The general feel of the group was terror and concern, something he didn't like about a group going into Skyline to unravel a mystery like a couple of generic detectives.
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsar Bomba on 10/3/2015, 9:47 pm

The princess was correct… Old men did have quite the stories to tell.

Edon blinked as he witnessed Gannon’s silent tears slipping down the length of his face. The man idly kicked around the earth beneath him before producing a personal history with quivering words. A hush had seemed to fall over the group as they listened to the old man’s story. The Red Sands mentor had an unmistakable pain in his eyes as he detailed his quest to become a wiseman.

Edon, however, had something different in his eyes. It was hard to distinguish. The feeling should’ve been pity, sympathy-- but it wasn’t. The drunkard processed each of Gannon’s words while trying to decipher this feeling. Others could see it, if they looked. Perhaps it would reveal itself visually... But all Edon could do was feel it. It felt as if he had fishhooks caught in his heart and soul, thrashing gently within him. That must’ve been it-- pain. But Edon was too familiar with pain, this was something different.

The old man gave up, instead trying to discern what was making him feel this way. It must’ve been Gannon’s story, but it wasn’t. He had heard sadder stories-- he had been the protagonist of sadder stories… so that couldn’t be it. The feeling still lingered as the mentor spoke about his unicorn, his colt, and his loss of both. Seeing Gannon, a stranger, act this way… Edon couldn’t help but feel it was pathetic. Gannon was weak, broken. To make himself so vulnerable in the eyes of the others, to Edon, was foolish. And a fool cannot be a wiseman.

Gannon then briefly spoke of the death of his wielder. Edon’s expression shifted a bit. He had deduced that the Red Sands wielder had been killed, but this confirmed his grim suspicions. Edon closed his eyes for a moment. A long moment. He opened them as Sasha comforted the Red Sands mentor.

“It’s his fault,” Edon contested, monotone, “Don’t lie to him.”

The drunkard’s eyes looked to each face in the group before settling on Gannon’s once more, “Taking responsibility for your mistakes is a sign of wisdom… but self-pity isn’t. Hindsight is the worst of our burdens, Gannon. It’s best to avoid it. Someone of our age should know that sadness doesn’t drive out pain.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 10/3/2015, 10:12 pm

Still holding onto Gannon, Sasha listened to Edon. She looked at him, his expression was different from earlier but she couldn't tell exactly what was it. Then she smiled back at him faintly "But blaming yourself for something that couldn't be avoided doesn't help either". Sasha isn't old enough to talk about those complicated situations but she knew the feeling of guilt. The girl glanced at Lynn for a moment and then back at Edon "If you feel guilty for something... and if it can't be repaired, the one thing left to do is to try your best to don't make the same mistake again" she looked at the rest of the group, probably looking at her "I- I'm too young to know enough about these things actually" she said a bit nervously as she cleared her throat.
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Archanine on 10/4/2015, 12:43 pm

Zayne felt bad for the wise old man, Gannon. From the sounds of it he's had a life full of experiencing loss, which has been a familiar feeling for Zayne recently. The young wielder has always valued friendship and family, and being torn away from either is not a pleasant experience. Fearing that he'd only make the situation worse, Zayne chose to hold off on giving the man sympathy.

Walking up behind Q, Zayne gave her a quick squeeze around her waist to grab her attention. "Hey Q, do you think you and Mahlo could watch after Esti tonight? I've got something I really want to do and you two are the only ones I trust to protect her." He stared at her with his bluish green eyes and a very hopeful smile.

Archanine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 10/4/2015, 1:48 pm

Roy looked at Sasha as if she had broken his heart. He turned to look forwards as his walk became a mild saunter. Sasha didn’t know what the guardians did to Heretics. He would have to explain it to her once they got to Skyline. Now wasn’t the time to create a scene. The High Clouds guardian hid herself in the forest to rid herself of the burden of the city, so the city took it in their own hands to banish the heretics. The people lost an arm and would be forced out of the city. About 80% of those exiled would suffer from sepsis. Roy looked around and seemed to zone out now, no longer listening, not even to Gannon’s story.

Gannon had Sasha wrap her arms around him and he smiled down at her, but his smile faltered as he listened to Edon. Gannon’s old features still gave off a raw figure of discern. “Emotions has nothing to do with wisdom. I have learned from my mistakes, grew from them even. Avoiding anything is rule number one to ignorance. If you avoid something as precious as time and what happened in it, what do you expect to learn from? Sadness of our age is hindering, yes, but at this day and age, all I’ve got are memories. I find it best to keep my hindsight in hand so I can see how happy I was, so that way the sadness doesn’t rot away my heart now. Like it has to you Edon.” Gannon fixed his robe a bit looking at Sasha. “I could have avoided it. I could have just taken the hybrid with me and forgot about my quest and lived with the beast the rest of my life, but I fear I don’t know where I would be if I didn’t make that decision. I worship the past, because it’s where it’s gotten me today.” Gannon patted the girls back and made her move away from him in a kind hearted manner.

Quinn walked next to Mahlo calmly and instantly she felt something wrap around her waist. It couldn’t have been Mahlo since he was on the other side. Then she turned and saw Zayne close to her. It took every muscle in her body to halt herself from punching him right in the face scaring her. “W-what?” She blinked as Esti waddled behind her brother. “I miss my little pony. She let me ride her.” Cassie raised an eyebrow at the girl. “Poru was sleepy Esti. She’s technically a person… well… half?” Cassie sighed. “You know what I mean.” Esti made a kissy face. “No not really.” Cassie frowned. “Kilroos help me.” Esti giggled. “You know he won’t!” She had a point. Q moved almost behind Mahlo as she seemed uneasy around him. “Yeah, s-sure we’ll watch her.” Esti looked up at Q and squealed. “Oh! Oh! Mama Q and papa Mahlo for the night!” Q smiled as the small girl raised her arms in the air. The dark elf picked the girl up and winced feeling her arm get scratched by the girls own arm. “Didn’t you take a bath?” Esti smiled. “Yep! Cassie gave me one! Called me dry as a bone!” Esti sucked her teeth and placed her head on Q’s shoulder. “I’m hungry for some meat.” Q sighed. “Me too kiddo.”
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top