Kilroos (Rise of the Guardians)

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Kilroos (Rise of the Guardians) - Page 10 Empty Re: Kilroos (Rise of the Guardians)

Post by Boomerang on 11/25/2015, 12:00 am

Mahlo nearly chuckled at Quinn's drenched body, however held his tongue at the last moment, balancing his books atop of his arms. He looked to Esti who had awakened, that uncomfortable sensation rising up once again in him. He shook it off, turning to Roy and Quinn as they motioned to the door. He quickly followed back around the lobby, ignoring the darkness and the wraiths and rushing toward the door as blood trickled down his cheek. 

The shadows were beginning to lash out at them now, threatening to wrap around their bodies and keep them within the structure. More holes randomly shattered the ground, nearly tripping up Mahlo. He exhaled, rushing forward as fast as he could out the door and to the now visible stairs. Glancing down he could see the rest of the group just now getting settled. 

"Alright, Let's--" Another earth shattering rumble nearly shook the four of them to the ground, Mahlo falling to one knee before quickly standing up and turning to the first stair, "--GO!"

He would allow Quinn to go first and then follow quickly down the steps, never loosening his grips on the important documents he held. He never looked back, and he wasn't planning to until they got to the stable ground.
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kilroos (Rise of the Guardians) - Page 10 Empty Re: Kilroos (Rise of the Guardians)

Post by Haunting on 11/25/2015, 1:06 pm

Q pointed at Mahlo as he went to snicker at her dripping hair and scowled at him playfully as if to say “Don’t do it.” He didn’t which was nice for her, but she moved out and slipped somewhat before leaving the building. Mahlo made sure Quinn went down before he did as Roy followed close behind. Roy was looking back. The Librarian watched them leave as he couldn’t stop Sirius from destroying his city he had worked so hard to make. Esti grumbled more and more as her golden eyes were looking at the stairs. The giant couldn’t see the group coming down, but Xerxes spoke up. “Hey! Hit it a few more times, our other half is coming down the stairs!” The woman looked down at Xerxes and then back up towards the Library. “I see no people.” Xerxes growled and gripped his axe and began swinging his axe hard as the axe helped a little bit to keep the stairs active, but they were fading fast. Quinn fumbled as Esti began screaming at nothing. “STOP IT! I HATE YOU! HE’S GONE!” She cried and flailed before gripping Q hard on the back. “OW! Holy SHIT ESTRELLA!” Esti began huffing out copious amounts of fog from her mouth as she cried more and more. “HE’S DEAD! HE’S DEAD! YOU DIDN’T LET ME HELP HIM! I HATE YOU!”
Haunting
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 11/25/2015, 1:25 pm

As Mahlo moved down the stairs, he could feel that they were fading fast underneath him. He continued at full speed, attempting not to trip over himself. Glancing to the chains, he could see that even Xerxes' axe helped very little. In an act of desperation, he held his books precariously in one arm as he took out his scythe, throwing it accurately at the chains below. The heaviness of the scythe should supposedly help more than the axe could. 

Looking forward now, he saw Quinn struggling with Esti and slowly losing her patience in the process. In frustration, he yanked his free arm outward and quite literally plucked Esti from the woman's back, dangling her back and forth by her shirt as they made their way to the bottom, "Worry about that when we're not dead, Estrella!"
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 11/25/2015, 2:42 pm

Sasha made it to the ground, but once she looked back she didn't see Roy with her. The girl then looked above, he was probably with Q and Mahlo, and for what it seemed they were having problems. Sasha looked around and thought about what she could do, looking at Xerxes she noticed the chain, and then looked at the stair. She then remembered how they first came into the library.

The girl steped near it, "This is gonna hurt later.." she thought after looking at the huge chain, it'll take every ounce of her power to make it work, but it'll be enough to make sure that the stairs stay materialized until the rest of the group can come down. Lifting both of her hands, the chain got surrounded by a sky-blue aura, then the girl's hair began to glow, brighter than usual same as her eye, then, letting out a huge yell she started to swing her arms up and down, and with them the chain was supossed to move as well, making the stairs clearly visible once again.
Camilaa
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsar Bomba on 11/25/2015, 4:08 pm

Edon wobbled as he was set down. Too much was happening. He looked frantically toward the falling Library, anticipating the arrival or destruction of the remaining members of the party. The old man watched as it all collapsed. Even in this urgent time of panic, the sight of Skyline crumbling undeniably relieved the man. He didn’t have to run from it anymore. It was gone now. He would never have to see it again.

It was then that the others appeared, struggling to make their way down the vanishing staircase. Xerxes offered assistance with the swings of his axe, Mahlo with his scythe, and Sasha with her powers. Edon just stared at the group, intensity burning in his eyes. It was all he could do. Even during its demise, Skyline managed to perturb the ex-mentor one more time. It seemed that he could offer no assistance.

Admin

View user profile http://littlepinekone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 11/25/2015, 8:09 pm

Julius huffed a bit out of exhaustion and then went to join Xerxes in rattling the chain. He thrashed at the chain with his spear, letting loose his anger upon the chain. He couldn't help Lynn, he hasn't been able to do much as of late. He was targeted by Sirius because he was the weakest. He just wanted to be able to do something to prove to himself that he wasn't weak. However, Sasha took it into her own hands to help, literally grabbing the giant chain and attempting to shake it. And it deflated his spirits, he just wished there was something he could do better than the others.
Aquil@
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 12/1/2015, 9:42 pm

As the group made their way to the bottom via the stairs that had now grown in visibility, a collective cold chill ran down the length of their spines. It nearly stopped Mahlo, had he not been fueled by adrenaline and the desire to live. He continued to run until he reached the bottom, making sure Esti was in his grasp and being certain that Quinn kept up. He didn't bother looking back--He knew who it was.

The cold chill was strongest within the entrance of the library. Shadows came together into one pulsing mass before eventually fading away into the form of Sirius Nightshade. In one arm, he held the unconscious Valkyrie over his shoulder. In the other, he held a variety of different books on his arm containing copious amounts of information he would need against the champions and wielders. The most noticable of them all was a very specific book in the restricted section, one he would need later on.

He stood behind The Librarian for a few moments, a grin forming on his pale, scarred face. The low chuckle was enough of an indication of his presence, a certain chuckle that echoed across the crumbling walls of Skyline, "You look distressed, wraith," A nearly inaudible scoff, "Don't worry. I have no desire to destroy this ancient monument...It's nothing more than a demonstration, to show you that I can obliterate this place with the snap of a finger." 

Sirius' presence grew ever closer, although he made it a point to stay away from The Librarian's bubble. The shadows darkened Skyline completely now, eclipsing all visible light within the library, "It's nothing personal..." His voice was a loving tune boiling over with a ferocious venom, "You see--Somewhere, there's a throne with Zenith's name on it. The wrong name." 

A loud crash as a book shelf exploded into splintered wood, "And I would do anything to correct that error." 

His voice was akin to a whisper in The Librarian's ear, a voice in the wind that spoke of malevolent witchcraft, "You see, everybody wants to rule the world," Another crash as a visible crack formed up the front of the library, "But I'm the only one that can." 

Just like that, at the drop of a dime, the shadows were gone, along with Sirius Nightshade. The library was still standing, although an absolute wreck of holes and cracks remained, something that the wraiths could fix over time. He had come into Skyline unopposed, and left in the exact same way.
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 12/5/2015, 7:58 pm

Cassie sat on the ground sobbing as she looked up seeing the group finally making it to the ground. The giant turned trying to look and see what the Librarian was doing, but simply couldn’t with her sight. “Shark herd… make city prettier. Please leave for construction…” The woman trudged away from the chain dragging her massive sword with her. “Cold season is coming.” Esti flung herself off of Mahlo and tripped as she ran to Cassie sitting on the ground. “There is a mean man in my head! Get him out Cassie GET HIM OUT!” As Cassie held the small girl Cassie blanked out. Her dark green eyes became glossy. She was seeing Esti’s future and Cassie became very quiet. “Your first born… son. Ren… He…” Esti was crying and didn’t stop hugging Cassie. “Don’t let go Cassie!” Esti didn’t seem to be paying attention to what the girl was whispering. Standing up Cassie’s eyes became normal she shook slightly. “Mahlo…” Cassie looked at him while the library was crumbling.

Quinn made it down and stumbled only slightly as she huffed out of breath. Her heart was racing as she turned looking up at the library and then to the others that helped. “Thank you so much everyone… You’ve done a lot…” She looked over at Julius and moved towards him holding some books. Roy came down and looked at Sasha concerned for her health. “Sasha… You are still over extending yourself… You need to stop… but… This time, I’m glad you did. I’ll see if I can buy us some ice cream from the vendors. My treat.” Roy smiled at the young girl as he handed her some books. “I have some cool books on the clouds. We can learn from them. Wanna read them over dinner?” Leroy turned and handed the mountain books to Quinn that was directly behind him. “Here. For Julius.” Quinn quickly took the books and turned to Julius. “You feeling alright? I got your books for you!” She smiled to him. It was a rarity, but it was mostly because of his darkening aura around him that made her a bit uneasy. Xerxes looked at Quinn and then to the library. “Let’s get out of here. It’s practically dark now. The princess isn’t even here to take us home…” Quinn spoke softly beside Xerxes. “Gannon isn’t here to help us either…” The group was lost.

The librarian was up with Sirius Nightshade holding his sacred books. The large wraith gave off a very cold vibe, even if Sirius couldn’t feel it. “Zenith cannot be killed you fool. Only a wielder can stop him. As Kilroos’ champion, he has been blessed with eternal life… and an eternal sentence to serve as Kilroos’ play thing. You do not want his throne.” The wispy voice softened as the smaller wraiths came outside to stare at Sirius leave. “Nothing personal.” The wraith copied as if trying to reassure itself that Sirius wasn’t making it personal. “Get to work. We have a lot to clean up.” The small wraiths started picking up pebbles to return to their eternal afterlife serving the librarian.

Cassie waited for someone else to start walking as she got close to Mahlo. “I saw something with Esti’s future…” Esti had her face buried into her shoulder getting her beautiful dress wet from tears. She was listening though. “You are right. Something is wrong with her. I saw Ren. I saw her first born son. Something… was in that child. I don’t know who the father was, but I saw Ren. He was… looking at him as if protecting him. Esti and Ren might become fused if he stays in her body any longer than he has already. He might give the child his powers… As if…” She seemed to be weirded out as Esti whimpered. Her eyes turning golden again, but she wasn’t stone faced. Fog came out of her mouth. “I want my big brudder back. I feel empty. I’m hungry… CASSIE!” Cassie frowned as she seemed to have a few hairs out of place as she had her lower lip quivered. “Esti… please… We just need to go to the home and sleep this off. The princess said those homes are free for us to stay in…” Quinn narrowed her eyes and looked at the group just standing there. “How exactly are we going to tell the queen her daughter was massacred… and expect to stay there…”
Haunting
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 12/6/2015, 2:04 am

It was a brief moment of elation as Julius dispelled his armor and took the books from Quinn, like a beam of sunlight breaking through a dense field of clouds. "Thank you." He returned the smile, but his mind was still brooding on his uselessness. "I'm touched that you got these for me." Because I couldn't do it myself. The young king turned as not to have Q see the grimace that crossed his face.  Julius gently brushed the leather spines, wondering what secrets could be hidden in these pages and if they would provide him any answers or possibilities.

He asked, "How long will it take them to find out that their daughter is dead? Can we not rest there for at least one more day or must we leave Skyline now?" He looked at where they were, in the middle of a forest by the collapsed library. "The giant said something about a shark herd and how the city will be under construction so it might give us time to escape, or rest. However whatever we do, we should leave now, the destruction of the library will not go unnoticed. I think we should just get back to the villa, much rather than trying to leave Skyline in the dark. We could leave after we rest and its daylight."

""
Aquil@
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 12/6/2015, 12:47 pm

Once Mahlo landed on the ground, a breath of relief came from his mouth as he fell to his hands and knees. He wasn't so much tired from the run, moreso completely exhausted from the adrenaline and power he had expensed on this day. He certainly needed a rest, and the villa sounded like a wonderful place to do it. However, Quinn had made a keen point; Would they be accepted after the queen learned of her daughter's death? 

Mahlo allowed himself one last look over his shoulder at the entrance to Skyline. The gargantuan cracks around the wall was enough to tell him that the library was nearing destruction--It was Sirius and only Sirius that had decided Skyline should be salvaged. He wasn't able to see the shadow being, however he did catch a passing glance of the Librarian before he made his way back into his domain. The Dark Swamps wielder slowly stood to his feet, letting forth a deep sigh as he patted Quinn's shoulder, "We'll find a way back--I'm sure we can ask somebody for directions, or try to remember where we came from."

As they began to walk to wherever they were going, he noticed Cassie moving closely beside him. Before Mahlo could say anything, she was the first to speak. There was something about finally being validated that felt unnaturally righteous at a time where he was feeling absolutely exhausted. However, the aspect of her first born son was something that surprised him. At first, he thought that Cassie had meant Ren was the son--But no...She meant Esti's. And apparently Ren was protecting that boy. He stared at Cassie for a few moments before Esti's words sent a chill down his spine. 

"No," Mahlo's voice was strained and stern, "We need to look in all of these books and try to find something to help her. She can't stay bonded with that thing--It's a danger to all of us if she even SLEEPS near our vicinity. It's a direct conduit from Ren to us. We could all be killed. Something has to be done as soon as we walk in that door."

He then turned to Quinn and the others, "Julius is right. The queen won't find out for a while--We at least have one more night in Jycer before word begins to go around. I say we ask someone for directions."
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 12/6/2015, 8:37 pm

Sasha made sure they all were safe and only then she stopped waving the chains, as if she was holding her breath all this time, she gasped loudly for air. She looked at Roy and then to Q and Mahlo, she smiled faintly and started to walk towards Roy he was saying something to her, but all the sounds went numb. She couldn't hear well and the hit on her head from before made her feel dizzy. As soon as she reached Roy she grasped his shirt as her legs were barely keeping her from falling. "I'm tired..." she said, not even hearing her own voice, she figured that he'd understand what she meant. The girl closed her eyes trying to get some rest. If only she was older she wouldn't get so tired after using her powers that much, but for now she'll have to pay the price for doing it so. Good thing is that with each experience her mind grows stronger, is just a matter or time to gain more resistance.
Camilaa
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 12/10/2015, 7:44 pm

The group was burned out and surely having a difficult time figuring out where to go. It looks as if they are going to be going back to the villa. Edon would be able to help to an extent. He seemed a bit quiet however. Roy had picked up Sasha and let her head rest on his shoulder. He began to hum a song from the clouds, but it was an elfish song. The song was an enchantment to help ease a mind of worry and pain. Esti looked at Roy and Sasha as he carried her the same way Cassie carried Esti, like it was their child. Esti’s lips curled into sorrowful agony as she began to cry once more. “He said family was forever Cassie…” Estrella whispered. “Will I feel this pain forever?” Cassie looked at Esti as her face was slowly drying the tear trails she had made. “That, I don’t know…” Quinn nodded to Julius about handing him the books. “I’m sure you would’ve done the same in my situation. Don’t need any other wielders getting hurt.” Her attention then grew as she remembered something from inside the 5’s book room. She turned to Edon and nudged him. “Hey. I don’t know who it was, but a wraith spoke to me as I was crossing the clear seas. She said she only wanted to tell a girl. Got it back from an evil spirit. She wanted me to give you this.” Q held out a shark tooth bracelet with small little opals in between each tooth. “Spoke really primal words. Said she missed you.” Q wanted to prod at him more, but obviously there was something more perplexing since Edon was not allowed in and one of the older wraiths said they missed him. She’d tell Mahlo later.

Xerxes had his hand behind Julius as to coax him with the group. “If anything we need to tell the queen. It would be worse if we don’t. Julius, I can go with you to speak with the queen. She can’t harm us for her own daughter’s decisions.” Quinn furrowed her brow as she listened to Xerxes. She had been with this group for almost 5 days and with Edon for one whole day and she already seemed close to them. Even Zayne. Her head went light as she thought of what he did to her and she got sick to her stomach even imagining Mahlo dying. When Ren said to her… the haunted knife on her hip clinked with her other metal clips as she took a big breath and inhaled loudly making it appealing to her anxiety. The library was still standing but they lost 3 people in that library and her and Mahlo could have been in the cross fire. Nearing him again she held the clear sea books and glanced at Esti looking at Sasha and Roy. She also wanted to talk to Roy before he perished, if he did. Shifting her books into one hand she held the clear sea books for Cassie since she was quite a sniffling mess. Q wanted to get herself detached from them. This was not for them to get close. It was a mission she was put on to do with others and Mahlo. She was here to defend him with her very body and soul, and Ren was with them relaxing in Esti’s body. That was something even Quinn didn’t like. Ren would drill into their minds with his knowledge of what had happened and the dark elf wrapped her free arm around Mahlo. “I don’t care what happens. I don’t want you out of my sight.”

The group finally moved out of the mercury filled forest and back out into the plain to see the darkening sunset. Xerxes seemed as if he was pained looking at Julius. “I kind of… miss Lynn… she was like my persona of expression. Being a guard dog is… hard. When you want to show emotions… it’s slim to none. You can’t be weak. I’m sure Lynn vanished and is putting up a fight of her life… She was raised by your mother, of course.” Xerxes smiled. “I’m sure she’s kicking some serious ass, wherever she is.” Quinn tightened her grip on Mahlo. “When we get back and are done reading our books, we should hold a small ceremony for the princess’ death… Along with Gannon.” She then sighed. “As much as you might not want to. We should hold one for Zayne. Gannon might be dead, but now he can learn so much more from the library. Since it didn’t fall the Librarian will probably not let anyone there anymore.” Cassie held Esti quietly as she heard Roy humming to Sasha still. “Cassie…” Roy spoke softly after he finished his song. Cassie looked over and raised an eyebrow. “Hm.” Roy walked closer to her. “Can you help Sasha? I don’t want her brain getting injured from so much over extension…” Cassie placed her hand on Sasha as she let a pink aura swirl around her. “Sure thing…” Cassie even got some of the girl’s most recent memories into her head from the healing. The first thing she saw stand out was the wraith talking of the mermaid in the tank. “Sasha… you saw my mother?”
Haunting
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 12/11/2015, 10:39 pm

Sasha had recovered some energies, she slowly woke up with Roy's song. She heard how he had asked Cassie to help her. She looked around and just sat down on the ground "ehh... but I-", then Cass placed her hands on her head and started to do some healing. The woman apparently could see some of her memories and mentioned her visit to the animal room. "Oh!.... yeah I did!... I think, if what the wraith said was correct, that mermaid was indeed her.". She looked up to her and then said "I'm.. fine by the way, Roy is exagerating. I'm just tired, is not like my brain will explode or anything" She placed a hand on one of the sides of her forehead, "I think that you crushing onto my head was more painful than moving the chains" she said with a small chuckle, "I got it!". Then the small girl surrounded her own head with a lighter-pink colored aura. "I'll be fine in no time!" she said smiling again.
Camilaa
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquil@ on 12/12/2015, 3:10 am

Julius put his hand on top of Xerxes and sighed, "If you say so Xerxes, I trust your judgement." His eyes grew dull however as he stared into the distance, "But no matter how much trust you or I have in Lynn, she still needs our help. No matter how much ass she can kick, she still is only human." He shook his head softly as he refocused. He swept his hair to the side and stared at the grime on his hand. "however I still think we should rest first, and freshen up at least before we try to have an audience with a queen." He sniffed his clothes and chuckled dryly. Julius also rubbed his stomach. "I'd also like to eat something soon." He shifted his grip on the books he had tucked under his arm. "Where are we?"
Aquil@
Aquil@

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 12/12/2015, 12:03 pm

For a while, the group aimlessly wandered down through the countryside with their heads hung low. It seemed that eventually they would make it to Jycer City again--Hopefully, anyhow. He walked next to Quinn with what seemed like an eternity of silence as he watched the rest of the group. Sasha slept on Roy for a while before slowly awakening to the feeling of Cassie's healing. He didn't say much to Quinn for a while, he didn't really know what to say. 

An arm wrapped around Mahlo's body. It caused him to jump as he thought of the aspect of another threat--However, he looked over to find it was Quinn's warm embrace that had drawn near to him. He exhaled with relief, he would have to get used to being embraced randomly...Which was hard when one hasn't experienced such affection in their entire life. He allowed for a faint smile to creep onto his lips. Even through the unbelievable stress and copious amount of bloodshed, there was still a palpable love he felt for Quinn that could wash it all away at a moment's notice.

When she brought up Zayne, his mind became clouded. The thought of the deceit, the battles, his ego and his defilement of the woman he cared about was enough to make him say no. There was something about him that didn't deserve any sort of recognition--He was simply a psychopathic villain disguised as a hero. At least Mahlo was truthful that he was nowhere close to a hero--But Zayne lived his life as if it was a complete lie. That was something Mahlo had trouble forgiving him for.

He looked up, staring into Quinn's eyes for a few moments before looking back to the ground. Even if Zayne was an asshole, he was still a comrade, "I agree."

Looking away from Quinn now he saw Sasha now up and about, walking along with the rest of the group. He waved her over, "Hey Sasha! Can you come over here for a second?"
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 12/12/2015, 12:46 pm

The girl's small injury on her head was being healed quite fast. Using a part of her clothes she cleaned her face from the dirt and blood drops. She looked at Roy and smiled as a way to say she was feeling alright. She stood up with the pink aura still around her head, and she heard her name. She turned around and saw Mahlo, Sasha stood still wondering if he was the one talkig to her, she looked at him and didn't move a single muscle, "He's talking... to.. me?... nah.. why would he, probably... I did something wrong? or-", he then told her to come to where he was. Sasha blinked "Or- or yeah he's talking to me... wow...". The girl slowly approached him, "Keep it cool Sasha, don't screw this up, move slowly... one step at a time". It felt like forever as she approached the man, his hair his eyes... she hasn't been this close to him. When she got next to him she looked around and then at his eyes. "Soo..... h-hi!" she offered him her smile as usual.
Camilaa
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 12/12/2015, 3:48 pm

Mahlo seemed a bit troubled as she walked toward him--He glanced to the pink aura surrounding her head, completely oblivious to how she looked at his face in absolute awe from a lack of seeing it up close. His glance fell to her completely now as she spoke to him with a smile. He nodded, "Hey Sasha."

He walked with her, shifting uncomfortably from time to time as he tried to articulate his words--It was very hard for him to do what he was about to do, especially to the wielder of his rival city. He cleared his throat, not looking at her, "I'd just like to say..." He exhaled, running a hand through his bleach blonde hair, "Thank you. For, y'know, helping us out back there. We probably would have been a goner if you hadn't helped out."
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 12/12/2015, 4:50 pm

The group was walking rather decently from Skyline and began to follow a river that Edon knew quite well. The river led directly to Jycer or at least a part of the place. Cassie watched Sasha speak and Esti looked at Sasha’s hair and eyes. It interested her completely, yet had hardly spoken with her. Esti narrowed her eyes at the girl but turned away as she pushed Cassie’s hand away. “Hmm.” The small girl emitted and was becoming extremely cold, but Cassie didn’t let go. Roy was extremely worried for Sasha and knew she wasn’t okay. She wriggled out of his arms and he simply let her walk as he pulled his long blonde hair into a pony tail. Her stubbornness had been getting to him greatly, but he decided to say nothing about it. Xerxes sighed heavily. “Yes… but there is nothing anyone can do. We don’t even know what took her…” As Mahlo spoke to Sasha Quinn turned to Julius and Xerxes as they were walking. “Zenith and Sirius were about to fight upstairs. Mahlo and I both witnessed them. Zenith had Valkyrie, and asked for a new champion. Calling Valkyrie a trai--“ Esti spoke up to Q. “I want my sister! I miss her! Where was she! Mama Q!” Q seemed disgruntled and nervous. “Your sister was knocked unconscious. Zenith says she is dead to him. Sirius might have Lynn…” Xerxes gripped his axe hard and growled lowly. “That man called me powerless. All bark and no bite.” Xerxes spoke under his breath. “Someone like him has some serious guts to threaten a Mountaineer.” Xerxes grumbled and looked down at his young king. “Don’t let pain and fear take over you. You are young, trained, and the son of your mother. Your will should be as unbreakable as hers. Do you want to hear another story my king? Or would you rather read a book on the way back to the city… Edon seems to know where he’s going.”
Haunting
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsar Bomba on 12/12/2015, 6:03 pm

He was disappointed to see that Sirius Nightshade had left the library standing.

Edon watched as the group landed safely, sighing. Even though he had been standing there for a significant amount of time, he felt like he could finally catch his breath. Still shaken, he said nothing as the group recounted the events that had just transpired.

They started on their way back, Edon provided a bit of assistance, but it wasn’t enough to keep from getting lost. The old man stayed quiet. It seemed that it would be awhile before he’d start acting like his old, grouchy self once more. The fatalities that the group suffered had not appeared to faze him. He hardly knew them. Still, the deaths disheartened him a bit. Edon felt as though he should be upset out of respect for members of the party who lost loved ones.

Skyline was the true culprit of the man’s silence. Edon felt idiotic to let him get to him like it did. It was then that the grey girl nudged him.

“Hm?” The old man raised an eyebrow.

She gave him the bracelet and explained its origin. He held it in his hands for a moment. Edon cleared his throat, his voice faltered a bit, “Thank you, Quinn.”

The old man wrapped the bracelet around his wrist and exhaled sharply. He distanced himself from the others for a moment. He chimed in upon hearing Xerxes’ remark about revealing the princess’ fate to the queen, “Oh yes she can.” The ex-mentor paused, “But hiding it isn’t an option, the girl isn’t with us…. Maybe just tell the queen if she asks.” The joke was in poor taste. Edon’s sarcasm was cold.

They came across a body of water; the old drunkard was familiar with it. “This river leads to Jycer,” he affirmed and began following it.

He tucked his hand, coiled in shark teeth and opals, into his pocket. It was his again.

Admin

View user profile http://littlepinekone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 12/12/2015, 8:26 pm

Sasha got even more nervous as Mahlo began to speak, she didn't break eye contact tho and was impatient to know what was he going to say. She was prepared for everything!.... expect those 2 words. When he thanked her her heart skiped a beat. She was extremely happy, and she was about to open her mouth to let out a super happy pterodactyl screech but she stopped herself "DON'TMESSITUP" she thought and took a deep breathe. "W-Well..." she cleared her throat and tried to cool down. Then an idea poped up on her colorful head, she stretched her hand to the ground and a small flower with a color similar to Mahlo's eyes poped out and grew until it reached Sasha's hand. She cut it and looked at him again. "You're welcome, if anything... count on me to watch your back" she offered him the flower and added "And thanks for... thanking me..." she looked at the ground briefly "I know you don't exactly like talking to me... so it must've been difficult. Tho, I'd love to talk with you more often" Sasha looked back at him, "If you want that is". Even the terrible headache she had and her tiredness went away for a moment, it felt good...
Camilaa
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 12/12/2015, 10:04 pm

Mahlo expected Sasha to get extremely excited and do something that was adorable to others but annoying to him; However, to his surprise, she kept her cool as she spoke to him. A small flower stretched to Sasha's hand as she held it out to him. He quickly realized that it was similar in color to his eyes. He took it, putting it into his pocket next to his scythe. It was a nice little souvenir. 

He nodded at her comment, and then shrugged at her statement of his obvious dislike toward her that he had shown from the very beginning. He looked up at her and smiled faintly, "Sure" He didn't like to say it, but the woman was at least tolerable from what he could tell, "We're going to have to be teaming up until this whole thing is over...Might as well have some kind of friendship. Otherwise this whole thing is just useless."

He listened to Edon, questioning just how okay he was after the events that had transpired. He seemed very...different. As though he was distraught. However, he returned to his old self, his joke about the queen causing him to inadvertently chuckle, "Heh."

Last edited by Boomerang on 12/12/2015, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot about my buddy edon)
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camilaa on 12/12/2015, 10:29 pm

Sasha was doing her very best to keep it cool, but her eyes sparkled brighter than the sun right now, as she heard the man's words there was nothing but hapiness inside her. Somehow she managed to don't screech or scream in any way. Then she answered back "I hope... we can get to be good friends" she smiled and added "Ask me if you need anything!". Sasha simply followed the group and walked next to Mahlo, looking at Roy from time to time, she was still feeling kinda dizzy and tired, but she was able to walk perfectly.
Camilaa
Camilaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 12/12/2015, 10:47 pm

Mahlo could tell that Sasha was attempting to contain her excitement, however he could feel that she was about to explode with absolute happiness. The sparkle in her eyes was just a little bit adorable. He nodded at her, "Sure," His response was swift as she turned forward again and simply walked next to him. Mahlo turned to Quinn, clasping his hand into hers and squeezing it a bit. He seemed content with his current situation, huddling close to his lover as if to say he didn't want to let go.
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Haunting on 12/16/2015, 7:08 pm

It was now dark out and the group was extremely tired and quite hungry actually. Quinn stayed next to Mahlo in silence. Eventually Esti had grown tired of fussing with Cassandra. The city had finally come into view and Quinn looked at the others. “Should we sneak in? The guards will see the princess missing… I don’t think it’d be a good idea to uh… go in without telling someone.” Xerxes shrugged. “If we tell them the princess is gone we will be forced to talk to the queen before we do any kind of research.” Quinn sighed. “We don’t even know if the Queen will talk to us. Remember they said she was mute?” Cassie spoke up after a long period of being mute herself. “Let’s just tell the Queen. I’ve already let down Zayne’s mother. Why not let down another mother, telling them their child is dead, except this time it’s her only kid. Can’t wait to tell Lissette what happened.” The group could now either tell the guards once they reach the city that the princess if dead, or sneak into their homes without telling anyone.

(The first person to post will be the one deciding what the group will do. Please discuss this in the Skype group before making a decision. Each choice has a pro and a con.)
Haunting
Haunting

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomerang on 12/16/2015, 10:11 pm

The entire group seemed to walk in silence, and it left Mahlo with his own levy of thoughts regarding the events that had happened. When night fell, however, he began to show concern in his expression that they'd have to sleep in the wilderness. When he saw the city in sight, it brought a group of questions. They could either sneak back to the villas and potentially risk being caught, or they could fess up and potentially face repercussions. Either way, it seemed that they would have to talk to the Queen eventually.

They began to walk toward the city gates, and at that point Mahlo started to speak, "I know you'll be a bit surprised to hear me say this," He looked over his shoulder to the rest of the group, "But I think we should just confess to the guards. Quinn and I would probably make it to the villa being that we're Dark Swamps, but...I don't know about the rest of you...No offense," He suppressed  a light smirk.

Before they could protest to the plan, they were already at the city gates which were accompanied by the guard. Mahlo walked toward him, a grave expression on his tanned face. He regarded him with a nod, "We have terrible news--The princess has met a tragic fate in Jycer. The Queen needs to know before we leave tomorrow."
Boomerang
Boomerang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next